[Source: Oregon State University]
Campus Life as an International Student
Oregon State University offers a friendly, welcoming community where students can get involved in their favorite activities — and try new ones. Students can choose from more than 300 clubs and activities, including student government, sports, community service, social and environmental awareness, Greek life, theater and music. Oregon State also hosts a variety of events — many that are open to the community — such as lectures, concerts, festivals and other cultural programs.
Top 5 majors for international undergraduate students:
Top 5 majors for international graduate students:
Student Body (Fall 2012)
Total student population: 24,962
Total international student population: 2,980
Test Scores (Fall 2011)
Office of International Admissions
Oregon State University
1701 SW Western Blvd.
Corvallis, OR 97333 USA
Phone: +1 541-737-5719
Living in Corvallis, Oregon as an International Student
Founded in 1868, Oregon State University’s campus is located in Corvallis, Oregon. Downtown Corvallis is just a 15 minute walk from campus. The historic campus is characterized by its red brick buildings, old-growth trees and lush greenery. The bustling OSU campus is stimulating and diverse, and the Corvallis community is welcoming as well.
It’s a quiet community that’s perfect for studying, but there’s always something to do - from a huge indoor soccer facility to hiking, river rafting, camping and skiing. Students can experience classic American college life at OSU.
- International Student Advising and Services (ISAS)
- International Cultural Service Program – a scholarship program that selects international students to share about their countries and cultures
- Conversant Program – volunteers meet with international students to help practice English conversation
- Intercultural Student Services – helps to build intercultural and cross-cultural understanding
- Homestay Program – experience a more in-depth culture by staying with a host family
- International Students of Oregon State University ISOSU - facilitates cross-cultural interaction and understanding by inviting many voices from around the world to be heard
- Crossroads International - a community volunteer organization that provides friendship, hospitality, and language assistance for OSU's international students and visiting scholars
- Multicultural Literacy Center - a place where people of all cultures can come together in a “living room for learning,” where all people can be teachers and learners, where sharing cultures and expanding literacies enables everyone to take part in the community
International Student Groups