What is the Common Application? It is a college application that can be submitted online and be sent to multiple schools who accept it. Currently more than 500 private and public universities in the U.S. accept the Common Application.
The Common Application is recommended for students who plan to apply to multiple schools and would like to make their life a little easier by only having to fill out one application. You can view the list of member schools accepting the Common Application here. Remember that filling out the Common Application is free but you will have to pay for application fees to each school which the amount will vary.
If you want to start planning ahead, make sure to check out this year's essay prompts which are:
- Some students have a background or story that is so central to their identity that they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what lessons did you learn?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
- Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content. What do you do or experience there, and why is it meaningful to you?
- Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
Good luck and leave us a comment below if you have any questions!