Date: Thursday, June 18, 2015
Time: 10-11 a.m. EST
In order to successfully complete the university admissions process, it is essential to understand application timelines. International students often underestimate the amount of time required to apply to colleges and universities in the U.S., and a late application can drastically hurt your chances of being admitted. This webinar will clearly explain the application process in terms of timelines and deadlines for prospective international students. Attendees will gain valuable insights from admissions expert Becky Konowicz, Director of International Admission at Santa Clara University (pictured, left) and student ambassador Debadrita Das, an Indian Engineering Student at New York University (center). WES Research Associate Megha Roy will moderate. Attendees will have their questions answered by Becky and Debadrita in real time. Register today!
· Terminology (semesters, seasons, etc.)
· Application types: early action/decision/single-choice early action; regular apps; transfer apps; rolling admission
· General timelines for undergraduate, graduate and transfer students
· Time management and deadlines for:
· Entrance exam test scores
· Essays and letters of recommendations
· Credential evaluations
· Lining up and documenting financing
· Supplemental materials
· How these vary between schools and sessions
· Online vs. snail mail
· Quality information sources, and advice for staying on track
*This webinar will cover both the undergraduate and graduate admissions processes in the U.S.