By Jordan Friedman
World Education Services
Lesley University, located just 20 minutes from Boston, is a great college choice for international students, as the school offers services ranging from cultural facilities to online resources to help them adjust to a new culture.
First and foremost, is Lesley’s International Student Services office, which both assists international students with the student visa process and offers them opportunities to explore American culture. The ISS office holds global gatherings throughout the year for international students and is available to answer any questions they might have.
Lesley also has a Global Guides program, which matches volunteers with international students to ensure a smooth transition into life on Lesley’s campus (contact the school for more information on how to sign up). International students can also participate in International Student Orientation, during which they meet the ISS director, receive information on studying abroad at Lesley, and bond with their new classmates from overseas.
- Proof of English-language proficiency: International students must complete the TOEFL exam with a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 80 (Internet-based), the IELTS with a score of 6.5 or higher, or Lesley’s ASC English Level 5 Certificate of Completion. Those applicants who have graduated from high school, secondary school, or an associate’s degree program taught in English may qualify for the requirement to be waived.
- Credential evaluation: Transcripts must be evaluated and translated either by World Education Services, or the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers. A course-by-course evaluation is required.
- Certification of finances: International students must submit a bank statement proving that they have available funds to cover tuition at Lesley, which is $52,954 a year. This must be submitted no less than three months before the beginning of the semester that the student is scheduled to begin.
- Other first-year requirements: The requirements for all first-year students also apply to international students. Read more about the requirements here.
Resources for International Students:
- International Student Services at Lesley University
- International Student Orientation
- Immigration Forms
- International Student Application Procedure (Undergraduate)
- Information for Graduate International Students
- International Students: The F-1 Student Visa Process
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
By the Numbers
2014-2015 undergraduate enrollment: 2,239
2014-2015 graduate enrollment: 4,367
Average high school GPA of first-year students: ~3.0
Graduate rate: 58 percent of entering freshmen in fall 2009 earned their degrees
Number of employees: 561
Top countries for international students: Israel, South Korea, Canada, China
College of Art and Design
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Graduate School of Arts and Social Sciences
Graduate School of Education
Center for the Adult Learner
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Programs (2015-2016)
Fall/spring, full-time: $12,360/semester
Room and board, double: $4,530/semester
Graduate School of Arts and Social Sciences (2015-2016)
Room and board, single: $4,017.50/semester
International Student Services
Mustapha Jourdini, Director: (617) 349-8608
Anna Garson, Assistant to the Director: (617) 349-8426