World Education Services
Located in the Buffalo suburb of Amherst, N.Y., Daemen College is a liberal arts institution offering a number of undergraduate and graduate degree options to its students.
According to the Daemen website, international students can find valuable resources pertaining to their study abroad experience in the U.S. through the Global Programs Office. The office provides insight and tips about immigration regulations, U.S. culture, finances, and personal issues, while also assisting students throughout their tenure at Daemen by offering advice on programs at the school.
Undergraduate International Student Requirements:
- Proof of English proficiency: Any international students who do not have English as a native language must submit scores from the TOEFL or IELTS exams. The minimum TOEFL score for admission is 79, and the minimum IELTS score is 6.5. Those students who meet the academic requirements with a TOEFL score of 69 or an IEFLTS score of 5.5 can be considered for conditional admission if they complete an ESL program to improve their English language skills and meet the minimum requirements.
- GPA: Undergraduate students must have a minimum GPA of 2.3 to be considered for admission; graduate students need a 3.0.
- Transcripts: Undergraduate freshmen must submit all secondary transcripts of mark sheets directly to the student’s school. However, international undergraduate transfers and graduate students must submit their transcripts through a credit evaluation service such as World Education Services. The credential evaluation will help show admissions officers grade and course equivalencies in the U.S. education system.
- Daemen College International Admissions
- Is Study Abroad Right for You? FAQ
- International Application Checklist
- Daemen College International Students
- How to Receive the Form I-20
- F-1 Students: Travel and Re-entry
Type: Private, Liberal Arts
Location: Amherst, N.Y.
By the Numbers
Fall 2014 total enrollment: 2,800
Fall 2014 undergraduate enrollment: 2,045
Fall 2014 graduate enrollment: 755
Fall 2014 undergraduate international students: 15
Average undergraduate class size: 16
Average graduate class size: 18
Average SAT score for admission: 1028 (reading and math)
Average ACT score for admission: 22
Student-to-faculty ratio: 15:1
2015-2016 International Undergraduate Tuition and Fees:
Total (with additional expenses and fees): $39,045
2015-2016 International Graduate Tuition and Fees:
$967 per credit hour
Total (with additional expenses and fees): $31,304
Ann Robinson, Executive Director of Global Programs
Luiz Pereiram, Director of International Partnerships and Recruitment