World Education Services
Calgary Catholic Immigration Society (CCIS) is a non-profit organization with over 35 years of experience in helping newcomers settle and find employment in the Calgary, Alberta region. With offices across southern Alberta, CCIS offers both free and fee-based services. Programs and workshops are designed to increase the success of all immigrants and refugees.
The following sections highlight some programs that can help you find a job you want.
Pre-Arrival ProgramsThe following programs help you plan ahead before you arrive in Canada.
- Settlement Online Pre-Arrival (SOPA): Before arriving in Canada, you can connect with SOPA to better help you prepare for life and employment in Alberta.
- Active Engagement and Integration Project (AEIP): Connect with AEIP before and after arriving in Canada to get information and referrals to support your life and career in a new country.
- Planning for Canada: A free pre-arrival program that to provide economic and family class immigrants with the right information, tools, and Canadian contacts while they prepare to move to Canada.
The following programs provide knowledge, support, and training for initiating a customized job search process. In addition, CCIS offers technical skills training programs aimed at introducing new skills, as well as upgrading existing experience.
- Career Bridge Workshop (CBW): In this three-week program, you will develop a career plan that will help you find employment.
- Mentorship for Integration: If you are unemployed or underemployed, CCIS can match you with a professional in your field to help create connections and provide guidance that will help in your job search.
- Employment Communication Workshop (ECW): In this four-week program, you will develop the soft-skills needed to impress employers in your industry.
English Language Programs
- Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC): CCIS offers LINC classes that will improve your English reading, writing, speaking, and comprehension skills.
Navigating Southern Alberta
- Community Connections for Newcomers: This program is for newly arrived individuals who would like to explore and navigate the city of Calgary. You will be supported by community volunteers who will lead tours and answer questions.
In addition to the programs listed above, CCIS offers over 70 programs and services to support your new life in Canada. If you are looking for jobs or settling in the southern Alberta region, be sure to contact them!
Want to get Canada career tips and insights delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter!