World Education Services
The Newcomer Centre of Peel (NCP) is a nonprofit organization located in Mississauga—part of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)—that provides free employment and settlement services for newly arrived immigrants within the region of Peel. Whether you are single, with friends, or have a small or large family, NCP has many services that can assist with your needs.
Here are some of the programs offered by the NCP for new Canadians:
- Employment services: Labour Market Access for Newcomers (LMANC) can help you understand Canada’s labour market and develop job search skills to find employment listings that match your skills and education. LMANC requires an 18-week commitment. See how LMANC has helped newcomers to Canada.
- English training: You can attend free English language classes to learn or improve your communication skills.
- Co-op and volunteering: Engaging in co-op and volunteering opportunities is a great way to gain Canadian experience. These activities also help you develop your professional network, which can make a big difference when searching for employment. NCP offers these opportunities at their organization in addition to in their LMANC program.
- Childcare: If you have children and want to participate in NCP’s programs, they have registered early childhood educators to assist in caring for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children while you are in class.
- Settlement services: NCP offers additional assistance on a variety of services (education, finances, rights and responsibilities, health, and more) to help newcomers settle in Canada. These settlement services are offered in 15 different languages.
Want to get Canada career tips and insights delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter!